Andrew Maury, a member of RAC (Remix Artist Collective) has a skillset that knows no bounds. When it comes to producing, engineering, and remixing, he can take any track and turn it into almost anything he desires. This includes the work he did for Andrew Heilprin aka Blue-Eyed Son from Venice Beach, California.
Blue-Eyed Son usually totes just a guitar and his voice. He has a bare bones approach to writing his surf-influenced acoustic punk. But when Maury got a hold of his track “We’re Fighting A War,” he turned the track into a frolicking pop punk track but full of synths, keys, and electronic beats. The seriousness of the songs becomes much breezier with the rework. Heilprin’s voice is softened and is surrounded by an echoing whirlwind of sounds. The song is so much more upbeat that it’d make your hands and hips start to sway into a joyous dance.
The original version of the track will be featured on his upcoming EP Shadows On The Son. It will be released on Eenie Meenie Records on May 28, 2013. Blue-Eyed Son will be touring behind the album. You can check out the tour dates below as well as the remix of the song by Andrew Maury of RAC.
Follow Us +
- Tue Jul 29 Old Monk Seattle
- Wed Jul 30 Old Monk Portland
- Thu Jul 31 Old Monk San Francisco
- Fri Aug 01 Old Monk Los Angeles
- Sat Aug 02 Old Monk Flagstaff
- Mon Aug 04 Old Monk Scottsdale
- Tue Aug 05 Old Monk Albuquerque
- Wed Aug 06 Old Monk Oklahoma City
- Thu Aug 07 Old Monk St. Louis
- Sat Aug 09 Old Monk Cincinnati